Saturday 21 December 2013

Diy felt christmas ornaments


Although I have to admit I've never been that much of a fan of felt diy creations (I mean I had quite a lot of different color pieces of felt fabric just hanging there in my closet that I didn't know what to do with them)  after a lovely workshop I took part recently and mentioned in a previous post and a little surfing on the Pinterest felt craft goodies I decided to give it a try and do a little extra decoration for my christmas tree.

All it  took me was some fiberglass, a needle, some thread, beads, ribbon, and felt of course!

First of all I had to choose the shape of the christmas ornaments.After a while the idea of christmas balls seemed the easiest thing to do and so I went for it.

I drew on a piece of paper a christmas ball and then I cut it. (A few blurry photos, sorry!)




I used this as a pattern for the ornaments and in order to have the perfect result I pinned this piece of paper onto the felt fabric which was folded in two.


Then I cut the felt balls carefully and I sewed them with a thread that was almost the same color as the felt 
fabric.I just left unsewed the top of it so that I could stuff it with fiberglass later on. 




After that I cut different colors of felt in the shape of a star (I used the same method as the balls-that is drawing a star on a piece of paper, cut it etc)



and I sewed it on one side of the christmas ornament along with a heart shaped bead.
Then I took small pieces of fiberglass and I stuffed them.
Finally, I sewed the top of the ornament putting a piece of ribbon in between.

Ta-dah!!(A clear photo at last!)


And the felt christmas balls are ready to be put on the tree!!
What a delightful moment!



Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!!
May the new year fulfill all your dreams, even the craziest ones!
Dimitra







2 comments:

  1. They look lovely. I have been having a felt phase for some months now too!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ariadne!!Felt crafts can be addictive, I guess!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...