Tuesday 3 December 2013

Chocolate mint ice cream


As I mentioned the other day I' ve been to a lovely workshop which was organised  by Anna from in my closet and was called Blink Blink workshop.
This time we were making felt Christmas trees and I have to say that  if I had to choose a tree that I liked best I surely would find it incredibly hard to do.
Anna described the whole process so much better than Ι would so I will just stick to the... yummy part of the event.
Christmas trees biscuits, cheesecakes, muffins, ginger bread...Oh dear what can I say?
A delicious heaven...
I prepared my famous (so to speak!) chocolate mint ice cream for the event and I once more got really flattering words for it.
So I think it's time to put the recipe here and share it with you.
I have read this about two years ago and I made some changes to the original recipe because I thought they were necessary.
First of all, I didn't use an ice cream maker because I haven't got one and it turned out to be just as good as it would be if I had used it.

So here we go...

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups of whole fat milk (do NOT use fat free milk)
2 cups of creme fraiche
(About) 2 cups fresh mint leaves ( I used leaves from the mint plant that grows in one of my pots- btw such a marvelous feeling!!)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar
5-6 drops of green pastry color
1 cup of chocolate drops
DIRECTIONS:
1.Wash and dry the mint leaves.
2.Put the milk and mint leaves into a saucepan and warm it (The milk should not boil)
3.Leave the mint and the milk aside for about half an hour
4.Remove the mint leaves from the milk and then add into it the sugar and the salt.
5.Add the creme fraiche and the pastry color
6.Let it cool.
7.Put it in the freezer for about 7-8 hours. When you see that it has frozen a little then add the chocolate drops.

During winter time I would combine it with a piece of chocolate cake or a brownie...
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm soo anxious to do it sometime soon...



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...